If you have been a reader of this blog you know that we (my wife and I) have a lot going on with our house, and that we have a little ways to go. The way things are and because I am still tackling projects from a “whole house” mindset (as opposed to using some sort of room by room methodology), I find myself circling back many months, and sometimes, yes, years later to finish things.
Here is a great example. Back in July of 2009, I posted on the dryer hook up in our laundry room. It’s installed in a side venting a dryer fashion. And as with my post from just yesterday (I don’t have a problem!), I posted on the project prior to the project actually being 100% complete (let’s call it instead … a focus on progress).
But now with my siding complete, at least in the back ell of the house, I was finally OK to hook up the dryer vent termination, tape the duct work, and push the washer and dryer back into their final resting place … clearing light switches, curtains and such.
Below I have attached a short gallery of photos associated with that part of the project (hope they speak for themselves.). I used both DAP‘s DapTex Foam Sealant to seal at exterior penetrations and DAP 3.0 Advanced Sealant to help seal the dryer vent cap. Remember I have wood siding and I have used DAP 3.0 elsewhere on the exterior. (For more info, see my Review of DAP 3.0, there.)
The motivation for doing a follow up on that first post found me when I realized I had to realign my set up prior to making the final, final connections. The final images from the initial post may in fact be misleading. I had to in the end dissemble everything and flip my telescoping dryer vent over. Hope you can see this in the pics below (Click any to enter gallery mode):
For more fantastic info on weatherization check Dap.com. (Note: This was initially a sponsored post, but still I am a fan.) For DAP‘s entire product line, please see the DAP Shop on Amazon. For more on Building Moxie with DAP, here. For more on HVAC, please see our HVAC category. ~jb