Building Moxie’s 106 Yard to the Remodeling Show Scholarship Contest :: Rules and Other Sundries
The Remodeling Show (and Conference) runs October 9th, 2012 thru October 12th, 2012, and if you haven’t figured, it is being held in my hometown – Baltimore.
While our Contest will be held in a separate post, we first wanted to lay out some ground rules and consequently . . . maybe digress a bit. ha!
We usually take a loose approach to the term “remodeler.” Remodeler – Any individual or organization that actively engages in the design, construction . . . or really — any work involving updating, renovating, redecorating … the remodeling of an existing structure. In context of this blog, and further in the context of this Contest, we are referring only to individuals and organizations working in/on/with residential structures … homes.
A Remodeler, and further the Winner of our Contest, could be a homeowner alone, a businessperson, or a firm. Said firm could be either large or small. Said Remodeler could be a single individual working as a home improvement business or could be a principal individual in an home improvement organization. Said principal individual may choose to attend themselves or may choose to select a member of their team instead to attend. (The Show certainly provides opportunity for any one and/or all of the above mentioned folks.) If the Winner of this Contest has already made arrangements to attend, we will reimburse that individual.
Note: The key point in all of the above is that as our Winner – You (or someone from your team) Must Attend! In other words, in entering this Contest – you are agreeing to attend the 2012 Remodeling Show if you are in fact selected as our Winner.
What’s at Stake? What’s Included for our Winner?
- Roundtrip Airfare to and from the Show (Baltimore). Booked on the airline of the Winner’s choice from their location to BWI International Airport. (We of course make provisions for an individual choosing to travel but other means.) A maximum reimbursement of (and not to exceed) $600 (updated).
- Ground Transport. Booked shuttle or rental car stipend of the Winner’s choice (BWI International Airport). A maximum reimbursement of (and not to exceed) $120 (updated).
- 3 Nights Accommodations in a Remodeling Show-Affiliated Hotel. Booked by the Winner (and availability of course will apply). A maximum reimbursement of (and not to exceed) $620.
- Spending Money. A maximum reimbursement of (and not to exceed) $120.
- All-Access Pass (AP) to the Show, as defined here >> Pricing & Packages – Remodeling Show. No cash value.
How to Win? :: (Judging Criteria)
The Winner of this Contest will fit one simple description >> He or She will be very well suited for and will benefit greatly from attending the Remodeling Show. The Winner will be chosen by vote, and hopefully in consensus, from an already selected, three-member Judging Panel. (Nope! Don’t ask; we have them hidden away as not to be influenced by those that may be entering.)
Since the Remodeling Show itself is billed as the single largest “trade” show for those working in the Remodeling field… we will instruct our Judges (all knowledgeable of the Show) to pick based in part on whom might receive the most value from attending.
How to Win? :: (How to (& Who Can) Enter)
Later today (Thursday, August 9th), we will post an article on this blog entitled, “Building Moxie is Looking for One Remodeler to Bring to the Remodeling Show 2012. Is it You?“ In it, we’ll post a simple question . . . the Comment section of the post will be open for answers.
You may comment on behalf of (read: enter) yourself or on behalf of someone you know… (but they of course would have to be willing to attend and in turn would have to affirm that in a Comment as well).
Viola! Entered. Very informal and just like that.
While a social media presence (ie. Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin) is not required. We do ask that if you have the means, to please Like our (Building Moxie’s) Facebook fan page – http://www.facebook.com/buildingmoxie . . . as we will be providing periodic updates about the Contest to it.
Entry to the Contest will remain open until Saturday, September 1st … with the Winner announced shortly thereafter.
Thanks out for reading. Please spread the word, RT, Share, Pin, Post, etc. And hopefully we have more for you soon.
To read more about the 106 Yard Fund:
& Happy Birthday to Mark Clement @ MyFixItUpLife. ~jb
About Building Moxie
BuildingMoxie.com is the do-it-together blog about house, home, and neighborhood (or 'hood for short), ... we feature a variety of topics written by, and for, both the diyer and the pro. ... Maybe you?
Hi & Welcome!
Find Building Moxie Also On:
- Building Moxie is Sending One Remodeler to the Remodeling Show 2012
- The Winner of Our Trip to the Remodeling Show :: Building Moxie
- KBIS 2013 Recap Report with Stacy Garcia of KBTribeChat
- KBIS 2013 with Stacy Garcia & the KBTribe
- Notes from Providence :: Press for Products from JLC Live
- Notes from Providence :: Welcome to JLC Live – the Saw Dust Show
- IBS 2013 Recap with Special Correspondent Beth Bryan
- Building a Birdhouse from Scrap Cedar (aka … SubTitle :: Do It Yourself with a Friend is Twice as Nice)
- Building Moxie Builds a Birdhouse with Beth of Beth’s DIY Workshop for the Baltimore Bloggers Holiday Party 2013 (Now, Say that 3 Times Fast)
- Christmas in Baltimore :: Mrs Moxie & Her New Ceramic Climbing Cat
- Building Moxie @ the Remodeling Show :: Take 2 :: 10 MORE Products You Should Know
- Fall DIY Projects Roll On :: 3 More Products 3 More Projects (Well I Guess Actually 2)
About jb bartkowiak (259 posts)
A one-time construction manager, and always handyman, turned blogger and editor. My wife, Jen, and I are on our 6th property (. . . yes, together). She is a real estate agent. We have two beautiful daughters Evyn and Eva. We currently live and are restoring an 1889 farmhouse in Baltimore's Lauraville area.